Thursday, March 26, 2009

HAND STITCHED QUILT WITH FELT APPLIQUES

Though I have made two beautiful quilts on the sewing machine, this one below is truly really my first quilt- made way before I learned to sew on the machine. It was made by using ready-made quilted blocks from a craft store. My mom got me a garbage bag filled with these blocks that her school was not using. Before I got my hands on them, they resembled frames; they had wooden buttons on each corner and a hanging rope. I took off all the buttons, all the glue, all the ropes. I hand stitched each block together to make a large quilt. Finally I embellished each square with cutout felt and used embroidery cotton to sew them. It was a great craft project that kept me busy for a long while. I'm extremely proud that I upcycled those quilt blocks and made something really pretty!


No comments: