Friday, February 6, 2009


In the second class we made the hipster. I was excited about this class because now we were making something that was more of my element! 

I got 1/2m of 55" wide stretch fabric for $2.

The first pair was challenging as I was trying to work out each step, the elastic and the zigzag stitches  [was I pulling too much or not enough! arrrgggghhh!] . Once everything was done, I was pretty happy with the result considering that with a serger the sewing would have been a snap. 

I made 3 of the green ones and 4 of the lilac ones. The ruffled elastic is very pretty but it's scratchy so I found other pretty elastics which are softer to the skin. I am going to use those for the boyshorts!

No comments: