Tuesday, February 3, 2009

UNDERWEAR ADVENTURES-PART 1

I am so excited to have learned to make underwear! I took a two part class at The Workroom and learned a lot about working with elastic and stretch fabric. We used the Jalie women's underwear pattern #2568. It comes with a camisole and 3 styles of underwear: Brazilian hipster, hipster and bikini.

The first pair I made was the Brazilian hipster. I admit I was a bit apprehensive and embarassed at the thought of making such 'sassy' underwear, afterall my drawer has always been filled with cutesy cotton printed underwear! 

Due to my hesitation, I didn't dare to buy expensive or a lot of  wide stretch lace. I went to Fabricland and got a great deal [buy 1m get 2m free at $3!!!!].

I was blown away at how easily the hipster came together!!! At home I made two other pairs! I'm absolutely in love with them. They are sooooo pretty and comfortable! Now I can have beautiful,  "expensive looking underwear for a fraction of the cost. 


No comments: